Black Friday, the monster annual sales event, is due to take place on Friday November 27th this year. The Black Friday sale is traditionally when brick and mortar stores offer their deepest discounts and best deals. The event is followed swiftly by Cyber Monday, historically the online version of Black Friday.
In previous years keen shoppers can be seen waiting around the block and barging each other out of the way to be the first to get their hands on discounted products.
However, 2020 has seen some key changes to how people shop. With the ever-present pandemic, shoppers have taken measures to protect themselves. This, unfortunately, means that they are avoiding going into physical stores and are taking their shopping online.
Stores have realized this and are now promoting Black Friday online as much as they would Cyber Monday. The difference between the two sale days is going to become less apparent.
November is set to be a month of constant sales. This is great news for deal hunters, but with so much going on at once, it can be difficult to know when to buy.
When Do Black Friday Deals Start?
“When do Black Friday deals start?” used to be an easy question to answer. Shoppers just needed to be at the door of their favorite store on the Friday morning following Thanksgiving.
The keenest bargain hunters would camp out for the night to ensure they were first in line.
With the 2020 event largely moving online, most people can now get the best deals without leaving the sofa. This is great because you don’t need to duke it out with the hordes of shoppers in-store. There is one complication this year, however. The Black Friday deals have already started!
Since the beginning of November, deals have been going online daily. They are accelerating as we edge closer to the 27th. This means you have to be vigilant throughout November to avoid missing a great deal.
Start With the Major Retailers
It’s highly likely that Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Home Depot, and Target will be offering the deepest discounts. They’re already holding sales events throughout November in addition to Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Amazon is currently holding its Holiday Dash Early Black Friday Deals event even though the retail giant only just finished its Prime Day event. Other deals from Amazon include:
- LEGO Architecture London 21034 Skyline Collection Building Set Model Kit – $31.99
- Breville BOV650XL Stainless Steel Compact Smart Oven – $151.95
- Samsung QN65Q60TA 65″ 4K QLED 4K UHD Smart HDR TV + Deco Gear Home Theater Soundar – $897.99
- NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Genio 2 Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte Pod Coffee Machine – $71.40
- Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – $109.99
Walmart is already having their Black Friday Sale with certain Black Friday deals already available.
However, Walmart’s doorbuster deals will begin on Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 at 7pm ET and then again on Friday, November 27th, 2020 at 12AM ET.
Some of the top deals you can get at on November 25th include:
- VIZIO 70″ Class 4K UHD LED Smart TV HDR V-Series V705x-H1 – $478
- Playstation 5 Console – $499
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) – $119
Some of the top deals already available from Walmart include:
- Samsung UN58TU7000 58″ 4K Crystal UHD LED Smart TV with HDR – $398.00
- NETGEAR (RAX35-100NAS) Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router – $99.00
- Gateway Creator Series (GWTN156-2BK) 15.6″ Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – $599
- VIZIO M6x-Series M506x-H9 50″ Class 4K UHD LED Quantum HDR Smart TV – $298
- Hoover UH71105DI WindTunnel XL Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum – $48
- HP 15-dy1094wm 15.6″ Laptop, 10th Gen Core i3, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – $249
- Acer 32″ Curved 1080p 165hz 1ms Fresync HD LED Monitor – $155
- onn. 50″ 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV – $120
- Ninja CT800 1500 Watts Professional Chef Blender – $89
- Shark RV1000 IQ Robot Vacuum – $199
- TCL 55″ 4K UHD HDR LED Roku Smart TV for- $148
- Lenovo Ideapad 3 – $149
- Tineco A10 Dash Cordless Vacuum – $99
These deals go fast and some of them may already be sold out but you can sign up for their in-stock alert. There are still many deals still available. Check out their Black Friday Sale at Walmart for more deals.
Target is running Black Friday sale throughout November.
Overstock is also having Early Access Black Friday Sale with up to 70% off thousands of items.
Sears has also started their Black Friday Deals at Sears.
Microsoft also has started their Black Friday Sale at Microsoft. Some of their deals include:
- Surface Pro 7 + Pro Type Cover Bundles – $599.99
- Surface Laptop 3 From – $999.99
- Microsoft Surface Duo – $1199.99
- Samsung Galaxy Book S – $849.99
- Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 USGL (GA502IU-ES76) 15.6″ 144Hz Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD – $999.99
- and more…
Should I Buy Now or Wait for a Better Deal?
It’s important to keep in mind that stores have limited stocks on online sale items. This is especially the case if they’re “hot” items like the latest iPhone or another high-end tech device.
Our advice is that if you see a fabulous deal, go for it. Generous store-returns policies mean that you can always return the item should you find a cheaper deal later in the month.
Should I Avoid the Stores and Only Shop Online?
The advice regarding the pandemic is to avoid crowded areas. This doesn’t mean you should disregard the stores entirely. It may play to your advantage to go to a physical store as they are likely to be much quieter than usual.
The best thing to do is call the stores you want to visit ahead of time to ask what safety measures they will be implementing for Black Friday. If you’re satisfied that it’s safe, visit. If you arrive and find it’s not safe, you can simply go home and shop online instead.
Which Has Better Deals, Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
Since Black Friday is making big waves online this year, we don’t expect to see much difference between the events. We anticipate that stores will offer their best discounts on Black Friday.
If stocks remain, they will be discounted further for Cyber Monday. To avoid missing anything, set up alerts on your phone or laptop. Check the stores’ website regularly. You can also keep checking our website at DealEpic regularly as we update our site constantly with the latest deals.
Don’t forget that Black Friday is happening now! As soon as you’ve finished reading this article, let DealEpic help you make sense of the Black Friday sales. We have the latest information about the best deals in all your favorite stores. Let us guide you to staggering deals at stores like Walmart, Macy’s, TJMaxx, Overstock, Sam’s Club, Office Depot, Amazon and more.
For the best deals on everything from laptops, curved monitors, air fryers, dining room sets to home gyms, and more, get on board with DealEpic. Shop safely, in the convenience of your home, and grab some amazing Black Friday deals.